Farmhouse Pet Treats is one of NSW’s leading pet treat manufacturers and retailers. Based in Yass we attend several markets ourselves, sell online from our website, and we supply several veterinary practices, retailers and other market stalls.
We are building our team and require additional market and production staff.
Sales assistant (for Canberra markets)
We attend the:
- Capital Region Farmers Markets each Saturday morning at Exhibition Park in Canberra from 7am to 11am
- Hartley Hall Markets in Canberra on the 1st Sunday of the month from 10am to 3pm
- Riverbank Markets Yass on the 4th Sunday of the month from 10am to 2pm
- Other seasonal or specialty markets from time to time.
- Attend markets as rostered
- Assist with setup and/or pack up of the market stall
- Provide advice to customers
- Restock shelves, ensure display is full and appealing
- Make sales, handle cash, use POS terminal
- Uniform (shirt) is provided.
Production assistant (Yass)
Our production facilities are on a farm just outside Yass (5 minutes from IGA). Production is usually on Friday 9am to 4pm. Other days may be scheduled if demand requires it subject to availability.
- Bagging products – stamping and labeling bags, weighing/counting products, bagging products, sealing bags; Restocking for market events, tracking bulk stock levels;
- Baking treats – weigh and mix ingredients, roll, cut, and bake treats, bag treats;
- Record keeping and expiry labeling;
- Restock vehicle/trailer crates ready for markets
- Awards rates as per the applicable Award, including casual loading and relevant weekend penalties;
- We choose to pay Superannuation for all staff, regardless of age or earnings.
- Have attention to detail
- Show and take initiative
- Be trustworthy
- Capable of working alone or with minimal supervision
- Not be worried handling dried meat products (gloves provided)
- A level of physical fitness is required due to the nature of the work
- For baking roles, experience with food preparation is an advantage
- Must be comfortable with dogs as our markets and events (and our workplace) involve dog interactions
- Be well presented at markets and events (company shirt, etc. is provided)
Tell us about yourself and why you think you’d be ideal for this job, along with any relevant experience you may have. Email: andrew@@farmhousepettreats.com.au